Friday 20 May 2011

Sufjan Stevens

.


.


.



Yesterday I went to see Sufjan Stevens in Manchester. These last days in Liverpool hadn't been my best ones to be honest, was quite stressed with university and other issues, taking some relax time and leaving this city for a while was one of the best decisions I've made lately.

I can definitely say that this has been the best gig I've ever been to. He just appeared on the stage wearing these white feather wings, started playing an updated version of Seven Swans and continued with the whole Age of Adz album and some other songs from his previous material. As he described it at the beginning of the gig, this is a travel through space and I want you to join me and enjoy it, believe me I did. A back screen showing beautiful projections and a net fabric screen that would go down on the front of stage creating a 3d effect, amazing.

He talked to the audience for long times, about his parents, the artist that inspired The Age of Adz... changed into crazy outfits and accessories, danced and came back at the end and played some of the Illinoise album. All of this during 2 hours and a half.

About the videos: fragment of Impossible Soul, full Futile Devices performance (my favourite song from The Age of Adz) and of course Chicago with balloon rain included.

Took some photos and expect to develop them soon. If he's playing near you please don't miss the gig!

No comments: