Sunday 8 April 2012

Sunday Zine Review #20: Scott Caruth

Scott Caruth, a Glasgow based photographer, sent me his first zine last week. The self published collection of images features photographs taken mainly in Glasgow and during some trips around different countries.

I lived in Glasgow 3 years ago and since then I've always wanted to move back there. When I first opened his zine, that was the feeling I got, wanting to leave Edinburgh and go back to Glasgow. In fact I did this weekend, although just for a day.

The snapshoot style Scott uses for his photos is the perfect format for portraying the Glasgow art scene, the parties and urban landscapes become much more personal.

Scott also includes a series of photos taken in other countries. It is interesting to see how he shows these places from a point of view completely far away from the traditional idea we have of tourists photos.

It's definitely a nice first zine and I hope he continues producing more. If you want to get a copy don't forget to check his site. They're only £10 and besides they are A4 format, which is something not really usual in zines nowadays!

If you want to get your zine reviewed, just drop me a message at igortermenon@gmail.com, or leave a message here.


No comments: