Sunday 26 August 2012

Sunday Zine Review #42: Traum Noir #3-4


I just recently discovered Traum Noir. After having ordered the last issue, I must say that it will definitely become of my must-buy magazines.

Traum Noir is an art magazine based and free distributed in Helsinki, although it can also be purchased on their site for just the shipping price!

The binding and paper of Traum Noir is amazing, it actually feels like a proper book and it's surprising to pay only 3€ or 4€ -depending on the issue- for such a high quality publication.

The magazine's manifesto is also great (believe me, there's nothing bad about Traum Noir). It's nice to see something honest, simple and not pretentious at all, including sentences like:

"We don't believe getting a degree, receiving prizes or doing commercial shows make an artist"

or

"We don't believe in expensive publications as the bibles of art"

Inside its pages, there's a selection of young artists and writers from all around the world, featuring some "Girls on Film"names like Alexander Alekseenko (whose photo book I reviewed here a while ago), Stephanie Gonot, Amanda Jasnowski and Emily-Jane Robinson.

If you want to get this issue, you can read it online and purchase it here.

*You can check all the previous reviews here and follow Sunday Zine Review on FB. If you want to get your zine reviewed, leave a comment below or drop me a message to igortermenon@gmail.com*


4 comments:

Pimpumpam said...

just bough it!

Pimpumpam said...

epidea1

the white ribbon said...

what a cool magazine, didn't heard about it before! I'm glad you reviewed it so I could find it! xx

the white ribbon said...

what a cool magazine, didn't heard about it before! I'm glad you reviewed it so I could find it! xx