Sunday 17 February 2013

Sunday Zine Review #70: Women


Portuguese publisher O Panda Gordo has become good friends with the Sunday Zine Review. I've talked about João Sobral's project before and today I'm writing about the latest zine he has released, Women.

Women features the work of Matilde Viegas, a Portuguese photographer and a very familiar name to me because she was published in Girls on Film, the photography zine I edit, a few months ago.

In Women, the Porto photographer collects a selection of portraits of the women who have become special to Matilde while living in this Portuguese city. In the zine introduction Matilde says "Ever since I've moved to Porto, I feel there has been a change in me...I know this change has its cause in somewhere else: it came from the women I've met here".

Women is a beautiful selection of portraits shot with film cameras, capturing special moments of all these women who have been important to her. Matilde also says "This is my memorial, my vow, my love for them", and without knowing these women, you can really tell the devotion Matilde feels for them. 

If you want to know a little more about Women, you can do it on O Panda Gordo's website.

*You can check all the previous reviews here. If you want to get your zine reviewed, leave a comment below or drop me a message to igortermenon@gmail.com*


No comments: