Sunday 21 April 2013

Sunday Zine Review #80: Rewilding by Cass Bird


I bought Rewilding by Cass Bird almost a year ago now, but have received so many zine submissions that I've been leaving it apart! I've spent this week in Spain at my parents' house and had some photos of Rewilding in my laptop, so it's the perfect time to write some words about this beautiful book.

I love Cass Bird's work and since I discovered her a few years ago, I've been a huge fan of her portraits and fashion photographs. Cass has this special ability to make everything look so simple and yet so beautiful. All of her models look relaxed, comfortable and it even seems like they've been friends with Cass for ages. 

Cass shot Rewilding in the summers of 2009 and 2010 in Sassafras, Tennessee. She chose a group of women that represented modern femininity and portrayed them in this idyllic setting racing across open fields, interacting with each other and wearing some tutus that Cass brought for the shoot. 

The result is a stunning photo essay that shows a different take on female beauty and that it's the perfect introduction to Cass' work. You can find more about it on Cass Bird's website.

*You can check all the previous reviews here and follow Sunday Zine Review on FB. If you want to get your zine reviewed, leave a comment below or drop me a message to igortermenon@gmail.com*


No comments: